Welcome to my little corner of the web! Thank you for sharing some of your day with me.

Monday, February 15, 2010

whew - glad last week is HISTORY

We had a major upheaval at work last week in the form of VERY unexpected layoffs - thank goodness I still have my job. My heart goes out to those who do not. It was the most awful Wed, Thurs and Friday in my recent memory. Lots of tears and hugs; I am not going to dwell on it... need to move forward!

I did not get any stitching done over the weekend. I had planned to devote Saturday to my WIPS, but DS and DDIL let me know that the car had died (again) and she was stranded on her way to work. They only have the one car that works (most of the time) so he had no way to go rescue her. Fortunately DH of a friend of mine was willing to help out so I kept the grandbabies while DS and friend's DH went to take DDIL to work then try to get the car started. They were able to get it back to friend's house where he looked and looked and did this and that - could not find a thing wrong with it. Girls finally went home at about 8pm Saturday night. I took it to Firestone on Sunday and THEY couldn't find anything wrong with it. We have decided the car is possessed and/or does not like DDIL. It only seems to die on her, on her way to work.

DS has a second car that is currently not running, so friend's DH came over to see if he could get that one running. I had to babysit again so they could focus on car (DDIL works and for now DS is stay-at-home dad). So bottom line is that I was not able to stitch.

Tonight I have decreed NO EMERGENCIES unless they see bones or blood. I so hope that I get to work on something, anything!

My prayers go out to xs friend Terry!

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment