Welcome to my little corner of the web! Thank you for sharing some of your day with me.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day One

Okay, so let's see how this goes! New year, new blog... maybe this time it will take and I will actually spend some time writing.

You may be asking what is the "aka Ya-ya" for? I have two beautiful grand-daughters and when mom and dad announced they were expecting the first one, we all decided that I don't seem like the usual "grandma" or "granny" or any of those traditional names. So we went out and found Ya-ya which is technically Greek and we are not, but we figured it was okay anyway because it really fits me! It is Greek for "grandmother" for those of you who don't know. So I became Ya-ya and I like it.

Hobbies (when I'm not playing with the girls!)? I love to read pretty much anything, enjoy cross-stitching and crocheting, and I spend a lot of time petting my two cats, Monkey and Squeak, because after all that is my purpose in life, to pet the cats, right? :)

I am married to Tom, and I have three bio-kids Amy, Daniel, and Holleigh, one stepdaughter Amanda, and one "daughter in love" Kryssie. Daniel and Kryssie are the ones responsible for the two grandbabies, Madisyn and Marleigh. Those two little angels, needless to say, are the loves of my life. It really is true what they say - you seem to love the grandbabies more than your own kids!

Enough for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment