Welcome to my little corner of the web! Thank you for sharing some of your day with me.

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Madisyn


My oldest granddaughter is Madisyn. She just turned two. She has such an adorable sense of humor already.


Last night I was babysitting because mom and dad both work late shifts and Aunt Holleigh had to work so I am the backup.


We taught Madi sign language before she learned to talk because I read somewhere that cuts down on frustration and temper tantrums etc (don't believe it - she throws some DOOZIES!). Her sign vocabulary includes Daddy, Mommy, kitty and puppy. We created a sign for Grandpa, which since he has a beard is stroking your chin like a beard.


So back to last night - I am trying to get her to go to sleep, which she is fighting like crazy. She is sitting up, playing, talking, anything to stay awake. All of a sudden she starts running through her sign vocabulary, mommy, daddy, grandpa, kitty, etc. THEN she cracked me up completely - she started making her signs on MY face! She was making the signs and saying the words over and over. It was all I could do to keep from giggling - such a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment